1795 - 1872
||24 Apr 1795
||Petersburg, VA 
||Va Militia |
||Grocer & Farmer  |
||8 Jun 1872
||Dendron, Surry, Virginia, United States 
||Surry County, VA (Baird Family Cemetary(Grape Hill), Rt.162)) 
- Peter Baird: Dept of Interior, War of 1812, Act of Feb 14, 1871 records shows: Enlisted....... Aug 7, 1812 Discharge.....Feb 7, 1813 Served in 62nd Va Regiment, Virginia Militia under Capt Allen Temple, Regiment commanded by Col. Lucas and was Honorably discharged at Ft. Norfolk, Va. He served as a private. He received 2 bounty- land warranties for service and subsequently received pension for service at age 76. It is also stated that he disposed of the bounty land (80 acres). He also applied and was granted another (the 2nd ) bounty land warrant (7-4-1841). This shows that at this time (age 56) he was titled a Col. in the Virginia Militia. It further shows his mailing address as Disputanta, Prince George, Va. Married by James Hill (aird Family Bible)
This information obtained from Nelie Parsons York and Lonnie Baird by Doris Jean Johnson Joined the Va Militia on 8/7/1812 and served for 6 months
||17 May 2015 |
||BINGHAM Elizabeth Mckee, b. 19 Dec 1798, Prince George County, VA , d. 15 Sep 1875, Dendron, Surry, Virginia, United States |
||17 Jan 1817 
||24 Jan 1817
||Prince George County, VA [6, 7]
| ||1. BAIRD Mary Francis, b. 13 Dec 1817, Petersburg, VA , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. BAIRD James William, b. 30 Nov 1819, Petersburg, VA , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. BAIRD Ephraim Winfield, b. 18 Feb 1822, Petersburg, VA (Petersburg General Hosp) , d. 26 Feb 1826, Petersburg, VA |
| ||4. BAIRD Robert Birchette, b. 7 Apr 1824, Petersburg, VA , d. 10 Mar 1841|
| ||5. BAIRD Alexander Peter, Jr., b. 7 Aug 1826, Petersburg, VA , d. 24 Sep 1884, Dendron, Surry, Virginia, United States |
| ||6. BAIRD Thaddeus Montgomery, b. 23 Jan 1829, Petersburg, VA , d. 31 Oct 1880|
| ||7. BAIRD Richard Pleasant, b. 12 Apr 1831, Petersburg, VA , d. 9 Oct 1843|
| ||8. BAIRD Leonidus Floyd, b. 5 Mar 1834, Petersburg, VA , d. 10 Jan 1860|
| ||9. BAIRD Elizabeth (Eliza) Bingham, b. 5 Mar 1834, Petersburg, VA. Or Prince George Cty , d. 16 Jan 1903, Dendron, Surry, Virginia, United States |
||18 Jul 2013 |
- [S171] Baird-Booth-Parsons family Bible.
- [S174] Lonnie Baird records Dept of Interior War Records (copy on hand).
- [S46] Lonnie Baird records show marriage on 7 Dec 1849.
- [S37] Gene C. Harris, Baird Family Cemetary off Rt.612 (Reliability: 4).
On Apr 2nd, 2006, this family graveyard was discovered on the Baird property on Rt. 612, between Rt. 40 and the Chappell farm. It is in the middle of a field and is in bad shape. The wrought iron fence is falling down and the graveyard is becoming overgrown with trees. GPS coordinates were obtained and photos taken of the headstones.
- [S464] Russell (Rusty) L. Baird, Russell (Rusty) L. Baird (Reliability: 4).
- [S103] Lonnie Baird records War of 1812 Pension Records says married at Prince Georgeeorgeeorge..
- [S10] Baird Family Bible (Reliability: 3).
Baird Bible Shows the 24th not the 20th